Ephesians 4:11-16   It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
You know you are growing in your relationship with Christ when:
· You are becoming increasingly aware of your sinfulness and weaknesses.
· Your response to sin is quick and followed by genuine repentance.
· Your spiritual battles are becoming more fierce and yet you still rejoice.
· You begin to see trials and temptations as opportunities for growth. Your first response should be, "Lord, what are you trying to teach me?"
· You view service to Him as an honor and not a burden.
· You view everything as coming from God. He is sovereign, so He either brought it or allowed it.
· You sense your faith growing stronger. It takes more to ruffle you.
· You desire to spend more time in praise and worship. You're in love with the Lord and want to show it.
· Your desire to obey Him becomes more intense and sin becomes less attractive. Read John 14:21.
· You are eager to share with others what Christ is doing in your life.
· You experience more awareness of His presence at all times, not just in places like at church on Sundays.
· You jealously guard your quiet times of prayer and Bible study.
· You prefer to spend time with Him above all others. The more time you spend with Him, the more you become like Him.
May God bless you as you grow in your knowledge of Him and are conformed into the image of His Son!